Worship – August 2, 2020
“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid, for the Lord GOD is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.”
The Safely Gathering Task Force is continuing to look at the current situation regarding COVID-19, consider the recommendations of the Synod, Wisconsin Council of Church and Health Department as well as talk about options for gathering and Holy Communion.
We are working to re-imagine worship so that we might gather safely, but for the time being we will continue worship online. We do this with the greatest concern for the health of our congregation. But also know that pastoral care can still be safely provided in this time. Please do not be afraid to contact Pastor Dawn with any concerns.
The task force will continue to meet on a regular basis and would encourage your input. Please feel free to contact any members of the Safely Gathering Task Force with any questions, concerns, or input. Thank you for your patience in this time and continue to know that Christ is walking with us through these difficult days.
Peace has ceased worshiping in-person until further notice and has suspended all other activities at the church building. Please check back for updates and check out our “Worship” page for information about worshiping online in this time!
Check us out on Facebook: Peace Lutheran Church – Tomah (ELCA) for online worship opportunities. You do not need to have a Facebook account to view this.
Sundays – 9:30 am
Ways to Connect & Serve during COVID-19:
- Check out our “Faith Formation” Page for Bible Studies, Kid’s Programming and Adult Education held on Zoom.
- Sign up to help with the Tomah Community Table meals on August 24 and September 14.
- Drop off nonperishable donations for our “Little Library” Food Pantry. We’re collecting at Peace on Sunday, September 13 from 10 – noon. See our “Serve” page for ideas.
- Worship with us! Click our Facebook link above or check out our “Worship” page to view past worships.
- Contact us if you have any questions or want to get involved!
All are welcome… Peace Lutheran is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America that was formed in 2010 to meet the needs of ELCA Lutherans and others looking for a new and exciting place to worship in Tomah, Wisconsin. We invite all to join us on our journey of faith! All are welcome regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status.
There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.
-Galatians 3:28 (NRSV)