Sunday School – 4K – 6th grade
Join us this Fall for Sunday School as we celebrate all God created and learn about the many ways God is present in creation. Students in Kindergarten – 6th grade are invited to join us. We will continue to meet after worship on the first and third Sunday of each month. Please contact Pastor Dawn for more information. We hope you’ll join us!
Next Dates: December 5 & 19
- Join us as we dive into our faith by studying God’s Word, our Lutheran History, and the Catechism. Come and learn what it means to be Lutheran. Be challenged by your peers and reflect on how you experience God in your own life.
- This fall we will be focused on Lutheran History and Catechism. We meet Wednesdays for conversation & learning.
If you have a student interested in joining Confirmation, please contact Pastor Dawn with any questions.
Making Room – Advent Adult Education Study
Beginning on November 28, for Advent, we will be reading and discussing Making Room, Sharing the Love of Christmas by Ed Robb. This four-week devotional study looks at the nativity in a different way that is very relevant to our time and Peace’s mission statement to Welcome, Worship, and Walk with Christ.
One of the things we love most about Christmas is gathering with dear family members and close friends to celebrate Christ’s birth. That’s an important part of the season, but Dr. Ed Robb, author of Making Room, says that if we look at the Advent story, we’ll quickly learn that the focus of the coming of the newborn king is outward. This four-week study explores the warmth of welcome at Christmas following interactions with the Holy Family, the shepherds, and the magi. The story of Christ’s birth encourages us to widen our borders and increase our sense of community—and make room for others.
The book is $11.99 and can be ordered online or through sign-up at the church office in the next three weeks. On the church Facebook page, you will find a short video presented by the author that introduces this study.
We will meet at church after worship service beginning with the first Sunday of Advent, November 28.
Please consider this book study as we prepare for the coming of Christ in our world.
Women’s Bible Study – 1st & 3rd MONDAYS – 1 pm
- Usually meeting the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month at 1 pm
- Using Bible Studies from the “Gather” Magazine produced by Women of the ELCA
Faith Roundtable – Men’s Group – 1st TUESDAYS – 5:30 pm
Next Date: December 7
- Join other men for conversation about life and faith. Bring a drink and a chair and join in the conversation!
- In an attempt to teach our children and youth the basics of our faith, we are encouraging students to learn about scripture and our Lutheran beliefs. There are four steps to learn the Faith Basics. Each step has a suggested age, but the Faith Basics can be learned at any time.
- 4K – Kindergarten
- Grade 1 & 2
- Grade 3 & 4
- Grade 5 & 6
- Suggested Bible Verses